Disney cat names. Do you like Disney movies and the characters in them? How about naming your kitty after one of these characters?
Disney movies, television shows, theme parks etc. are well loved by most of us, especially in our childhood. Disney cat names can be really suitable to your beloved feline pets.
So, how do you select a suitable name based on the hundreds of Disney characters? Let us help you with this. Here’s a collection of Disney cat names that might suit your cuddly friend.
You can name your kitty appropriately based on these guidelines.
Table of contents
- Some fun facts on Disney
- Factors to consider when naming your cat
- Famous Disney cats
- Girl cat names
- Male cat names
- Pixar cat names
- Getting your cat used to its name
Some fun facts on Disney
The Walt Disney company, more commonly known as Disney, is an American diversified multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate.
It was founded 97 years ago on the 16th of October in 1923 by the Disney brothers, Walt Disney and Roy O. Disney. The headquarters is at Walt Disney studio complex in Burbank, California.
This company is the leader in American animation industry and has diversified into live-action film production, television and theme parks.
Disney characters such as Mickey mouse has captured the hearts of many generations of children all over the world.
Factors to consider when naming your cat
You have a new, adorable cat and you just need to name it right! Choosing an ideal name can be somewhat difficult for many cat parents. Here are some factors to consider when naming your cat.
- Gender – just like humans, cats are also given appropriate names based on their gender. A girl cat will be given a suitable name as well as a boy cat.
2. Personality – humans can have various personalities. Unfortunately, you have to wait till the baby grows up a bit to identify the personality. In the case of cats, you don’t have to wait so long. You can observe them for some time and give a good name.
3. Color – the color of your cat can also give rise to interesting names.
4. Appearance – the outward look of your cat can also inspire unique cat names in the cat world.
5. Origin – the land of origin of certain cats can also have very interesting names to these pets.
Of course, you can just ignore all these and name your cat according to your own wishes too! May be you wish for a fairy tale name or a prince or princess name.
Whatever name you give your cat, try to keep it short as much as possible. Imagine calling your cat with a long name! It will take ages!
Famous Disney cats
Many Disney creations had cats as characters. These cats camein all sorts of shapes and sizes, ranging from tiny kittens to large jungle cats.
These cats can fit your cat too irrespective of their looks and personality. Here’s a list of some famous Disney cats.
- Tigger (Winnie the Pooh)
- This iconic bouncing character from Winnie the Pooh has been a favorite among fans for decades.
- It is a popular cat name which is not overused.
2. Simba (The lion king)
- The 1994 film Lion King has a sweet looking lion known as Simba, which is one of the most popular characters of all time.
- Naming your cat with such a short and sweet popular name can be fun.
3. Oliver (Oliver and company)
- The movie Oliver and company is a spin on the classic Charles Dickens novel, Oliver Twist.
- Oliver, a homeless kitten joins a gang of dogs to survive on the streets.
4. Nala (the lion King)
- Nala is the childhood best friend of Simba, who eventually marries him becoming the queen of the jungle.
- This name is suitable for a sweet female cat.
5. Mufasa (the lion king)
- Mufasa is Simba’s father from the film lion King.
- This is a unique, yet iconic name for a cat.
6. Scar (the lion king)
- This is a Disney villain from the film lion king, who kills his brother Mufasa, the strong and benevolent king.
- It would make a hilarious name for a cat with attitude!
7. Figaro (Pinocchio)
- Figaro is Geppetto’s Tuxedo cat from the classic film Pinocchio.
- He is a cat with a heart of gold who appears a bit immature and competitive at times.
- It is said that Walt Disney loved this character so much that he made it appear in his works as much as possible.
- So, Walt Disney made Figaro Minnie Mouse’s pet!
8. Rajah (Aladdin)
- This is princess Jasmine’s pet tiger in the film Aladdin.
- He is her best friend and fierce protector.
9. Gideon (Pinocchio)
- This is one of the con men who live in the same village as Pinocchio and manipulate victims into their schemes for money.
- It is a cute name for a rascally cat!
10. Shere khan (the jungle book)
- Shere Khan is the powerful Bengal tiger in the animated classic the Jungle book.
- All the jungle creatures are terrified of him while he is terrified of guns and fire!
- This would be good name for a strong alpha, male cat.
11. Bagheera (the Jungle book)
- Bagheera the panther is the guardian of Mowgli, “the man cub”.
- He is wise, intelligent and level headed.
12. Aslan (The Chronicles of Narnia)
- Aslan is the true king of Narnia, a parallel magic world.
- This unique, soulful name would be a great name for a pet cat.
13. D.C (That Darn Cat)
- This is the main character in the 1965 film, That Darn cat!
- The mischievous Siamese tomcat gets involved in a bank robbery and is used to help solve the crime.
14. Duchess (The Aristocats)
- Duchess and her three kittens inherit the opera diva Madame Adelaide’s fortune.
- However, the greedy butler has other plans.
15. Toulouse (The Aristocats)
- He is the oldest kitten who aspires to meet a tough alley cat.
- So, he acts very tough at times, getting on his sister’s nerves.
16. Berlioz (The Aristocats)
- He is the timid and shy youngest kitten.
- However, he can also be mischievous and grumpy at times.
- This can be a unique, elegant and international name for a cat.
17. Marie (The Aristocats)
- She is the middle only female kitten who is very bossy at times.
- Marie believes she is the best of the three kittens as she is a girl!
18. The Cheshire cat (Alice in Wonderland)
- This devious and mischievous cat can disappear on will and contort his body to frighten visitors.
- It has a characteristic eerie grin.
19. Dinah (Alice in Wonderland)
- Dinah is Alice’s small red cat.
- She does not go down the rabbit hole with Alice but is reunited with Alice as she wakes up in the end.
20. Lucifer (Cinderella)
- He is the sneaky cat who tried to eat Cinderella’s sweet mice Jaq and Gus, but failed, in the 1950 animated film Cinderella.
21. Si and Am (Lady and the Tramp)
- These are the naughty Siamese cats who wreak havoc in the house and get Lady in trouble.
22. Sabor (Tarzan)
- Sabor is the cruel cat who killed Tarzan’s parents in the animated movie, Tarzan.
- She is a large aggressive leopard who is a lethal fighter.
- This name is suitable for a large, strong cat.
23. Sergeant Tibbs (101 Dalmatians)
- Although this movie is full of dogs, the kind tabby, Sergeant Tibbs is also a memorable character.
- He courageously searches for missing Dalmatians.
24. Sassy (Homeward bound: The Incredible Journey
- In this movie, two dogs and a cat named Sassy think they are being abandoned and so try to find their owners.
Girl cat names
When it comes to Disney names, it is not just Disney cat names you can use for your cat. Your cat can be a prince or princess; a hero or villain.
There are so may Disney characters that can inspire you to name your cat with. Here are some girl cat names to name your little princess.
- Alice (Alice in Wonderland)
- Anna (Frozen)
- Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
- Anastasia (Cinderella)
- Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
- Bambi (Bambi)
- Belle (Beauty and the beast)
- Bianca (The rescuers)
- Cinderella (Cinderella)
- Cleo (Pinocchio)
- Daisy (Mickey Mouse cartoons)
- Dinah (Alice in Wonderland)
- Duchess (The Aristocats)
- Esmerelda (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
- Elsa (Frozen)
- Faline (Bambi)
- Giselle (Enchanted)
- Jasmine (Aladdin)
- Kiara (The Lion King)
- Kida (Atlantis: The lost Empire)
- Leia (Star Wars)
- Lilo (Lilo and Stich)
- Marie (The Aristocats)
- Megara (Hercules)
- Merida (Brave)
- Minnie (Mickey Mouse cartoons)
- Mulan (Mulan)
- Nala (The Lion King)
- Pocahontas (Pocahontas)
- Rapunzel (Tangled)
- Sally (The Nightmare before Christmas)
- Sarah (Lady and the Tramp)
- Thalia (Hercules)
- Tiana (The Princess and the frog)
- Ursula (The little mermaid)
- Wendy (Peter Pan)
- Yzma (The Emperor’s new Groove)
Male cat names
Male cats deserve a bold, grand and impressive name. Here are some masculine names that might sound noble to you!
- Abu (Aladdin)
- Aladdin (Aladdin)
- Ali (Aladdin)
- Angus (brave)
- Baloo (The Jungle Book)
- Berlioz (The Aristocats)
- Chip (Chip and Dale)
- Donald (Duck cartoons)
- Eric (The little Mermaid)
- Felicia (The great Mouse Detective)
- Flit (Pocahontas)
- Francis (Oliver and Company)
- Gaston (Beauty and the Beast)
- Genie (Aladdin)
- Hans (Frozen)
- Jafar (Aladdin)
- Jake (The Cat from Outer Space)
- Louis (The Princess and the frog)
- Meeko (Pocahontas)
- Mickey (Mouse)
- Mushu (Mulan)
- Nemo (Finding Nemo)
- O’Malley (The Aristocats)
- Pegasus (Hercules)
- Percy (Pocahontas)
- Philip (Sleeping Beauty)
- Pumba (The lion King)
- Rafiki (The lion King)
- Raja (Aladdin)
- Rufus (The Rescuers)
- Sid (Toy Story)
- Simba (The lion King)
- Stitch (Lilo and Stich)
- Sven (Frozen)
- Tarzan (Tarzan)
- Timon (The Lion King)
- Toulouse (The Aristocats)
- Yoda (Star Wars)
- Zazu (The lion king)
Pixar cat names
- Andy (Toy Story)
- Arlo (The Good Dinosaur)
- Atta (A bug’s life)
- Bailey (Finding Dory)
- Barbie (Toy Story)
- Bloat (Finding Nemo)
- Bonnie (Toy Story 3)
- Boo (Monsters Inc.)
- Bing bong (Inside Out)
- Bubbles (Finding Nemo)
- Carl (Up)
- Coco (Coco)
- Dante (Coco)
- Destiny (Finding Dory)
- Dory (Finding Nemo)
- Ellie (Up)
- Gill (Finding Nemo)
- Hank (Finding Dory)
- Hector (Coco)
- Jessie (Toy Story 2)
- Joy (Inside Out)
- Ken (Toy Story)
- Kevin (Up)
- Marlin (Finding Nemo)
- Maximus (Tangled)
- Miguel (Coco)
- Nigel (Finding Nemo)
- Pascal (Tangled)
- Peach (Finding Nemo)
- Ralph (Wreck-it Ralph)
- Ramone (Cars)
- Rex (Toy Story)
- Spot (the good Dinosaur)
- Squirt (Finding Nemo)
- Woody (Toy Story)
Getting your cat used to its name
Some people joke saying that it doesn’t matter what the cat is called as they don’t come when they are called!
Cats are known for their independence. However, some cats can learn to answer to their name.
- You can start by repeating their name repeatedly when playing, petting or feeding them.
- Say the name in a nice tone so that they feel like answering.
- Pronounce the name in a consistent manner so that they don’t get confused.
If your cat doesn’t answer the name you are calling it, try giving it a different name. You can even let it choose a name for itself !
Naming a pet cat in the most magical way can be a dream of some cat parents. What better way to name your fur balls than using Disney cat names!
Many generations of kids have been enthralled in the magic of Disney characters and even like to use names of these characters wherever possible. However, this has to be done with care so that your cat will not ignore you completely!
When naming a cat, the gender, the cat’s personality, color, appearance and breed should be considered. You don’t want your cat as well as yourself being made fun of do you? Also, try to keep the name as short as possible.
There are many Disney characters after whom you can name your cats. Some famous cat characters also have great names ideal for your pet cat. You can even give a princess or prince name to your cat!
After selecting the name try to train your cat to answer that name when called. Cats tend to ignore their name most of the time!
Hope all the above names were useful and your cat loved the name you choose!
Hi, want to learn about mackerel tabby. Click here